- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 vanilla bean
- Slide a knife along the outside of the vanilla bean to reveal the centre, then gently scrape out the centre of the bean.
- Cream butter, icing sugar and vanilla bean, until fluffy.
- Add flour, then beat for 10 minutes.
- At this point you will have to scrape your bowl often to make sure all the ingredients are being whipped.
- When the batter is ready, it should be white and fluffy.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, careful not to let them brown.
A neat thing about the vanilla bean is, after you have scraped out the centre, you can keep the shell, and put it in some sugar to make your own Vanilla Sugar. Just cover the pod with some sugar, let it sit for a few days. Use it in your coffee, or other baking. So good!