Here is a simple fix for those mid-winter blues! Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins.
They will take you back, momentarily to the hazy days of summer, when blueberries are in bounty!
Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
- 2½ cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1½ – 2 cups blueberries (frozen)
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs and milk.
- Combine flour mix and butter mix. Don’t over-mix or your muffins will be chewy.
- Add frozen blueberries, and mix by hand. Frozen berries work the best because the berries stay in one piece and they don’t tend to colour your batter blue.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Make some tea, and enjoy!