Easy Beef Stroganoff
The sauce is creamy and so flavourful! Delish!
And what’s not to love about a dinner that’s ready in under 1 hour? And even better? The kids lick their plates (minus the mushrooms!) clean.
I like this recipe because I almost always have the ingredients on hand.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 can consomme
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown onions and mushrooms in butter.
- Add flour to browned onion mix. Combine well and cook for 1 minute.
- Add ketchup and consomme. Stir until thick.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Add meat, and simmer. At this point you can also put the dish in the oven at 300 degrees until it is time to eat.
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup oats
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- salt & pepper
- Combine ingredients and shape into meatballs, about 1½ inches.
- Bake unsauced meatballs in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Or until centres are not pink.