|These are so tasty! Great for after school snacks with a glass of milk!|
I love this recipe as well because it makes a huge batch of cookies!
A lot for eating, a lot for freezing for later! Gotta love that!
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2½ tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Measure 1 cup raisins. Chop them up, and boil them in water for 1-2 minutes.
- Set aside to cool. Drain.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl beat together the margarine, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour mix and butter mix.
- Then add 3½ cups oats (old fashioned rolled oats make a chunkier cookie, instant oats make a more chewy cookie)
- Add cooled raisins.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 6-9 minutes.