Well this week in our house has been interesting. Not a good interesting. My hubby got back from 5 days in Las Vegas and brought me back a very nice wallet. And a very bad cold. Thank you very much.
Hubby spent the rest of the week in bed when at home.
Baby got Roseola again and he’s so
crabby charming when he’s sick.
Ahh. The life of mothers!
Comfort food all around.
This is a family recipe, from my Mom.
I loved this muffin as a kid, and now my kids love it! It’s a staple in this house!
Mom’s Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour (for extra nutrition, you can use ⅓ cup whole wheat flour and ⅔ cup white flour)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine oats and buttermilk, and let sit for about 5 minutes
- Whisk flour, salt, soda and baking powder.
- Combine oil, egg and brown sugar. Then add to oat mix.
- Combine oat mix and flour mix.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
I will now eat one with a cup of lemon tea with lemon sugar! Yeeuumm!