Today is a home-y day. The weather can’t make up it’s mind – are we winter or are we spring?
So baking for me, is a great way to bring the sun in… Plus, my brown bananas have been staring at me for the past few days getting on my last nerve!
This is such a great muffin recipe to use up old bananas on your counter, and berries in your freezer!
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour (or you can use all whole wheat instead)
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cups mashed bananas
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup frozen berries
- Combine oats, flour, wheat germ, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt & cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix bananas, egg whites, butter and vanilla.
- Add frozen berries to the dry mix. (This helps to keep the berries from colouring your batter.)
- Then combine the 2 bowls.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes.