I have become a bit obsessed with stuffing cookies with candy and other cookies (which again, is not helping me get into my fave pre-babe jeans! whatevs).
I have tried a few different recipes, but I now have 2 that I really love.
One, were my Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies,
and the other are these…Cookies n’ Creme Drops Stuffed Oatmeal Cookies. (what a mouthful, literally!)
So yum yum yummy!
And a great Spring Break project with the mini-suburbanites, greasy hands and all!
Cookies n’ Creme Stuffed Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 120g package of Hershey’s Cookies n’ Creme Drops
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Combine oats, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cream together butter, egg, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Mix together flour and butter mix.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Then, as you can see in the photos below, take a small amount of cookie dough (smaller than a golf ball), flatten it out, lay on your candy, and roll up into a ball. Making sure the candy stays in the centre.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 8 minutes.