|My bread kind of popped out of the pan, but it was delish!|
The dough I made is for my bread machine, which is an Oster from 1999.
Important! If you are using a bread machine, use the recipe for Sweet Dough, from your recipe book for your machine.
If you want to make the dough from scratch you can find the recipe over at Joy the Baker.
I used the Basic Sweet Dough Recipe for a small batch:
1/2 cup water
1 large egg
2 tbsp margarine or butter
1 tsp salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp skim milk powder
1 tsp bread machine yeast
- I set it on the dough cycle.
- When it is finished, set it in a warm place, cover with a clean tea towel, and let rise for 1 hour.
- At this point, you can put it in the fridge to use the next day, but when you take it out, let it sit for 30 minutes to warm up.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside
- In a saucepan, melt and brown your butter. Set aside.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter. Line up your dough pieces as shown above.
- Cover your pan with a clean tea towel again, and let rise for 30-45 minutes more.
- Then, in a preheated 350 degree oven, bake for 35-45 minutes. (I put a cookie sheet under my tin, because the sugar mix started to bubble over.)
- When baking is complete, take bread out of the oven, and let rest in the pan for about 15 minutes.