Don’t they just sound so warm and squishy?!
Cake. Doughnut. Muffin.
My 3 favourite things all in one recipe. Life is good.
Here’s the Recipe:
Cake Doughnut Muffins
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine oil, sugar, egg and milk.
- Add liquid mix to dry mix, and gently combine. Don’t overmix.
- Fill muffin cups about ⅔ full. I didn’t use paper muffin cups for this recipe, I just sprayed a muffin tin with oil.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- While they are baking, make the topping (butter and sugar separate!). Melt butter in one bowl. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- As soon as they come out of the oven, remove the muffins from the tin.
- Dip muffin tops in butter, then dip in sugar/cinnamon mix.
- Let cool!
Adapted from Muffin Mania and the Joy of Cooking