I used a grocery store Root Beer, but next time I would use a premium brand. I think the flavour would be much stronger. While this was the MOST moist chocolate cupcake I have ever had, it didn’t pack the Root Beer flavour punch I would have liked.
So why would I post it then? Because this cupcake is super moist and delish!
Definitely a keeper, and I will try it again, but like I said, next time I would use a cream-of-the-crop Root Beer!
- In a saucepan, on low-medium heat, combine Root Beer, cocoa powder and butter.
- Mix until butter is melted.
- Add sugars, mix until dissolved.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Once the Root Beer mix has cooled slightly, add beaten eggs, and combine.
- Then combine the flour mix and the Root Beer mix.
- Stir until just combined.
- In a muffin tin, add muffin liners, then fill your cupcakes about 2/3 full.
- In a preheated 325 degree oven, bake for about 18-20 minutes.
- Set aside to cool, before icing them.
- Mix all icing ingredients, until the icing is nice and smooth.
- Then ice your cooled cupcakes.