|Fresh, homegrown (from mom’s garden) rhubarb!|
- 3 cups rhubarb, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups strawberries, fresh, cut up into small pieces
- ¼ – 1 cup sugar (you decide how sweet you want it…I use ⅔ cup sugar…)
- ¼ cup water or fruit juice (I use water)
- ⅔ cup flour (I use ⅓ white flour, ⅓ whole wheat flour)
- ⅔ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup melted butter or margarine
- In an oven proof dish, combine your strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, and water/or juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, salt, sugar and butter.
- Then spread oat mix on top of your fruit.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Let rest. I think it’s best served after it has sat for about 30 minutes to an hour.
Serve with cream, whipping cream, or ice cream! Delicious!