- 3 sheets of felt: 1 fuschia, 1 turquoise, 1 gold
- 1 green styrofoam wreath base (I don’t use the white ones anymore, because they are just too crumbly and delicate. Get the compact green styrofoam ones.)
- 1 ball of yarn, I used a thick charcoal yarn
- embroidery thread (or you can use yarn), in fuschia, turquoise, gold (for the argyle finishing touch)
- glue gun
Let’s do it: (following the little chart above…)
- Large dahlia: 16 – 1.5 inch squares, 13 – 1 inch, 11 – 0.5 inch squares
- Small dahlia: 12 – 1 inch squares, 9 – 0.5 inch squares
Wrap your styrofoam base with yarn. I have found that the thicker the yarn, the less chance you need to double wrap it. I also like the more rustic look the chunkier yarn gives.
For a full tutorial on wrapping the wreath, please refer to a previous post it did, here.
|Just simple, summery and pretty!|
Thank you so, so much for stopping by!