2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can chopped green chiles
1/2 cup cooked corn (you could use frozen kernels)
- In a stock pot cook the onions, garlic, bell pepper and green chilis in the olive oil.
- When soft, add the tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Then add the cooked chicken and corn, then simmer on low to medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, stirring to melt.
- Add the seasonings, and simmer about 10 more minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, add the sliced tortillas.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, sour cream and cheese!
- I added the peppers and corn to the recipe.
- The original recipe called for can tomatoes with seasonings, but I like to use plain tomatoes, and add my own seasoning. I always keep a jar of my homemade Taco Seasoning in my pantry, and use it to season dishes like this. It added the perfect touch. If you wish to do this, start with about 1 tbsp, then season to taste.