- material for the flowers: I used 1 sheet of gold felt, and I made the orange flowers out of an old wool sweater!
- 1 green styrofoam wreath base (I use the compact green bases, not the white crumbly ones)
- 1 ball of yarn, I used a thick chocolate brown yarn, and it’s flecked with gold, red, green and orange. I bought mine at Michaels.
- glue gun
- needle and thread
Let’s do it:
1. Making the wreath. Wrap your styrofoam base with yarn. I have found that the thicker the yarn, the less chance you need to double wrap it. I also like the more rustic look the chunkier yarn gives. To see how to wrap the base, please refer to my previous tutorial here.
5. Continue threading through all 5 petals. After each petal has been threaded, thread your string back through the first petal, joining all the petals together into a loop.
Stay tuned for some other autumn inspired projects this month! That sweater is being repurposed into another little project…
What are you working on?