because she has so many amazing recipes! I found it hard to choose what to make,
but I thought it would be fun to bake something with a Halloween theme.
Monster Cookies (greens and chocolate)
3 large eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp corn syrup
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cup peanut butter
4 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup Reese’s Pieces (peanut butter)
2/3 cup chocolate chips
- In a mixer combine eggs, sugars, vanilla, corn syrup, baking soda and salt.
- Add in peanut butter and melted butter. Mix.
- Add in flour, and oats. Combine.
- Then add in the Reese’s Pieces and chocolate chips, but mix these in by hand so they don’t break.
- Now these are monster cookies, so go big or go home! Drop these as 1/4 cup balls onto a parchment paper lined or non-stick cookie sheet. About 6 to a try, and flatten slightly.
- I added a candy corn for decoration. You could add more, but I don’t love candy corn, so one was enough.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 11-12 minutes. I like mine a bit chewy, but if you like your cookies harder, bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- I don’t want to leave out those who can’t eat peanut butter, so I’ll ask you…can you bake with “Wow! Tastes Just Like Peanut Butter”, which is a Toasted Soy Spread? We use it with jelly for sandwiches for school, and it really does taste just like peanut butter. It’s amazing! But can you bake with it? I’d really like to know…
- I made a couple of very minor changes to the original recipe: I decreased the salt, used different candy, and decreased the amount of candy….
- Make some. Right now. You won’t regret it… ;)