Now when you think about Christmas drinks, what comes to mind? Eggnog perhaps?!
I love eggnog. Adore it. Luv me some ‘nog!
I love it on it’s own, I love it in coffee, I love eggnog lattes, and I love it in baking. Yum!
So why not in pancakes? Of course in pancakes!
Wouldn’t they make a great Christmas morning breakfast?!
We (and by we, I mean the hubby!) just substituted the milk with eggnog in our regular weekend pancake.
- ¾ cup white flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- pinch of cloves
- 1½ cups eggnog (we use regular, not low fat eggnog)
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- In one bowl combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt and pinch of cloves.
- In another bowl, combine the eggnog, butter and eggs.
- Pour the the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently mix together.
- Preheat your grill, at medium heat.
- Scoop about ⅓ cup batter for each pancake.
Pancakes are ready to flip when the top of each pancake is spotted with bubbles and some of the bubbles have popped.
Serve with regular syrup and butter!
Recipe adapted from the Joy of Cooking