Tomorrow kicks off spring break for us here!
I’m really looking forward to 10 days of not having to rush out the door for school!
No packing lunches. No homework. No school drama.
Just a week spent with the kids having fun!
But what exactly does this have to do with pasta salad you ask?
Well, right before spring break we also have our parent-teacher interviews,
which is a time where the school families feed our teachers!
The teachers stay late for the interviews, so we feed them!
So I decided to make this pasta salad.
My mom has been making this dish for us for years, and it’s a family favourite.
It’s always gobbled up, so I thought the teachers would like it!
Bowl of Bows Pasta Salad
- 1 8oz package of pasta bows
- ½ cup cooking oil
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ ground pepper
- 1 can pitted whole black olives
- Boil the noodles. When they are cooked, drain, then rinse them with cold water. Drain well again, then set aside.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, all the spices, green onion, and parmesan cheese.
- Toss the noodles in the dressing.
- Then toss in the black olives.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Make sure to stir the salad well before serving it, as the dressing tends to go to the bottom of the bowl.
- You can make this salad the night before. It’s even better after it has sat for a while.
This salad is delicious on it’s own for lunch, or served with a BBQ dinner. It’s divine!
But be forewarned! You will need a breath mint after! hee hee
Have a delicious day!