Can I just say that puff pastry is my new most favourite thing in the whole wide world?!
It all started when I made those blueberry turnovers…
I can’t get enough of this stuff…not such a good thing with bathing suit season upon us,
but what’s a girl to do when she needs a puff pastry fix?
Make Nutella Banana Coconut Hot Pockets of course!
Yes. I said that.
I first saw these over at Six Sister’s Stuff, and they had me at hot pockets.
Chocolate-y, coconut-y, banana-y hot pocket-y goodness.
Nutella Banana Coconut Hot Pockets
Serves: Makes 6 hot pockets.
- 1 12×12 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 2 small/medium bananas
- 6 heaping tbsp Nutella
- 6 tbsp shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- sugar for sprinkling
- Whisk together the egg and water to make an egg wash. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface.
- Slice the pastry into 6 even squares (see picture below).
- Slice your bananas and spread them out evenly between the 6 squares.
- Add a heaping tbsp of Nutella to each square, on top of the bananas.
- Add a heaping tbsp of coconut to each square, on top of the Nutella.
- Fold over the pastry to form a pocket, sealing the edges. If needed, seal the edges with a brush of egg wash.
- Once the pocket is formed, brush the tops lightly with the egg wash, then sprinkle generously with sugar.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. The pastry should be puffed up and lightly browned.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- If you want to make them look amazing, once they have cooled, drizzle them with Nutella then sprinkle on some coconut!
- If you are allergic to Nutella, I bet you could replace it with chocolate chips!
I can’t even begin to tell you how amazing these are!
And definitely a keeper!