Don’t you just love BBQ season?
I’ve got summer food on my mind, so that means BBQ and campfire food! But BBQ’s aren’t just for cooking steaks, they are such a great way to cook side dishes too. Cooking your entire meal on the BBQ means less kitchen clean up (yahoo!), and not only that, there’s just something about cooking outside that makes food taste SO good!
One of the best side dishes on the BBQ are roasted potatoes. These potatoes are so simple to make and taste so good!
Yum. Serious yum.
- 1 lb baby potatoes, washed and cut into halves
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- drizzled olive oil
- 1 – 2 tsp oregano
- seasoning salt (I love Lawry’s) & pepper to taste (we use these generously)
- Combine all the above ingredients. You can either wrap this up in tin foil, or cook it in an open tin container. I have recently discovered that I like to use the containers the best. It makes stirring and monitoring food much easier!
- Cook over a medium to high heat BBQ, or over a low flame campfire.
- Stir often during cooking.
- Potatoes are done when they are nice and golden brown.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. It’s so simple, but sometimes the most simple things are the most tasty!