This is one of my daughter’s most favourite desserts ever!
In fact she asks for this more than ice cream and that’s a miracle in itself let me tell you!
I always had this aversion to cooked fruit…cooked pineapple? Are you kidding me?!
But I tried it at one of those all you can eat meat BBQ restaurants, and I was converted.
Now every time we make it, I am reminded at how scrumptious it is.
It’s tropical and so summery, not to mention easy!
Grilled pineapple? Yes. Please. Get in ma belly!
Another great thing about it, is it’s fast to make. It would be great to serve at summer BBQ parties.
Grilled Pineapple with Cinnamon Coconut Sugar
- 1 fresh pineapple, trimmed and cut into chunks (we cut our the length of the pineapple)
- coconut sugar (or regular brown sugar – see tips)
- Preheat your BBQ to a medium-high heat.
- Coat the cut pineapple in the sugar & cinnamon (we use it generously).
- When you are ready to BBQ, lightly oil the surface of the grill.
- BBQ the pineapple for approximately 15 minutes, searing all sides. Just watch it and make sure it doesn’t burn. Depending on the thickness and size of your pineapple, it could take less or more time than I have suggested.
- Serve on it’s own, or with ice cream!
You don’t have to use coconut sugar, you can just use regular brown sugar (both taste delicious). I just found a package of coconut sugar at our Homesense store and wanted to try it. It’s sweet like sugar, and doesn’t taste like coconut. Apparently it’s supposed to have more nutrition than regular sugar. It claims to have B vitamins, and other minerals. It’s also apparently known for it’s low glycemic index. Who knows. But it did taste good!
Have you ever tried coconut sugar? Have you ever baked with it? Does it work in recipes?
Let me know!
Have a delicious day!