This was our first one, which I served along side a BBQ chicken.
You can basically use any type of vegetable that you like as your salad.
2 chopped carrots
corn from 2 cobs (great way to use leftovers or just use 1 can of corn)
2 cups spinach
3 green onions, chopped
1 cup cucumbers, sliced
6 small tomatoes, cut into quarters
- Arrange on a platter for serving.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Don’t pour the dressing on the platter! Instead serve it separate so you can add as little or as much as you would like to your own individual salad.
- Bring the water or broth to a boil.
- Add the butter, and stir until it is melted.
- Add the couscous, bring back to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir a few times.
- Then remove from the heat and let sit for about 10 more minutes.
- Fluff up with a fork before serving.
- Add a scoop of the couscous, either warm or cooled, to your salad! Delish!
- Now it’s time to put your salad together…this is the fun part! Assemble it any way you like – pick your veggies, add a scoop of couscous, then drizzle on some dressing! Enjoy!