Roasted Red Pepper & Potato Salad
Recipe adapted from Chatelaine
2 lbs potatoes (about 6 medium sized) (see tips for a yummy variation)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
2 roasted red peppers
2 green onions sliced
6 dill pickles, sliced
1-2 tbsp fresh dill
4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine potatoes with olive oil and spices.
- Cut up red pepper into bite size pieces. Toss lightly in a little splash of olive oil.
- Place potatoes and peppers on a lightly greased cookie sheet, and roast for 25-35 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through, and golden brown. Note: The red peppers cook fast and could burn. Just check periodically to see how they are doing, and if they need to be removed before the potatoes.
- While the veggies are in the oven, combine the mayonnaise and sour cream.
- When the veggies are done, toss everything together: the warm potatoes and peppers, cooked bacon, onion, dill, and dill pickles.
- Mix in the dressing a spoonful at a time, all depending on how much dressing you like on your potato salad. You don’t have to add all the dressing if you don’t want.
- Serve warm or cold. It’s great the next day too!
- This salad is fantastic with sweet potato substituted in for some of the potatoes. Just note that the sweet potato cooks faster than regular potatoes, and will get mushy. Just check periodically to see how they are doing, and if they need to be removed before the potatoes.
Have a delicious day!