Out of eggs? Yes, you can make delicious waffles without them!
Last week I was all set to make waffles for the kids before they left to spend 4 days with Grandma and Grandpa – just as a special little treat. But when I opened up the fridge I saw that I didn’t have eggs or milk. Oops. What to do? I had a very sad little bunch of faces to deal with! So I did a quick investigation and found a recipe for waffles with no eggs. Hmmm. To say that I was skeptical is kind of an understatement, but I decided to give them a try anyway. And wow were we all surprised. Every last crumb was gobbled up!
So this recipe is now my go-to in the event should I run out of eggs again.
And maybe not even then, because they’re so good we’d eat them any time!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 cups milk (I used 1 can of condensed milk topped off with water because that’s all I had on hand)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- Combine the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix together the milk, oil, water, vanilla and butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix together gently. As with all pancake batters, it should be slightly lumpy.
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes to give it time to puff up.
- Once your waffle maker is ready to go, depending on the size of your maker, scoop the batter in and enjoy! (for my maker I used ¼ cup batter for each waffle)
Recipe adapted from Andi Adams’s Blog
So the next time your fridge is sparse, go ahead and give these a try!
They don’t disappoint, trust me!
Have a delicious day!
Yummy Linking: Uncommon Designs