White Wine Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Recipe adapted from Never Enough Thyme.
1 lb shrimp (deveined, and if you wish, remove the tails – we like them on)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 – 2 tsp fresh oregano
3 tomatoes, chopped
juice from 3 limes
zest from 1 or 2 of the limes
1/4 white wine (more if you like – just add to taste)
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- In a skillet, soften onions and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add red pepper flakes, oregano, tomatoes, lime juice and zest, white wine and salt & pepper.
- Cook until the liquid is reduced to half.
- Then add the shrimp, and cook until they turn pink.
- Add the cilantro and mix in right before serving.
- This dish can be served as either an appetizer or a meal.
- And it’s best served with chunks of toasted bread, to soak up all the delicious juices!
- Or if you wish, serve over rice for a meal.