Cinnamon Swirl Loaf.
Now doesn’t that just make your mouth water?!
This is one of those loaves that is such a treat.
It’s rich, moist and cinnamon-y.
Perfect for lazy Sunday mornings or coffee with a friend.
Not to mention that having this baking in your oven will make your house smell ah-mazing!
And I’m willing to bet that this loaf won’t last more than 2 days in your home…if even that long! ;)
Cinnamon Swirl Loaf
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup butter milk
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your loaf pans: either grease them, or line them with wax or parchment paper.
- Combine the 2 tbsp cinnamon and ⅓ cup sugar, and set aside.
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In measuring cup mix together the buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add the flour mix, alternating with the buttermilk, to the butter mix. Combine.
- Add ½ of the batter to the loaf pan, then sprinkle on ½ of the cinnamon/sugar mix. Then using a fork, stir it a little into the batter.
- Add the rest of the batter and sprinkle on the rest of the cinnamon/sugar mix. Stir again, just a little.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Recipe from Best of Bridge
Have a delicious day!