Today is my bloggy birthday. We turn 2! I really can’t believe I’ve been at this little gig for 2 years now! Blogging has done more for me than I ever could have imagined! It keeps me sane, active, and challenged…what a blessing that is!
Also, this is my chance, because I don’t say it enough, to say THANK-YOU! Thank-you for coming along on this blog adventure with me. Thank-you for commenting, reading and supporting my blog.
‘A Pretty Life’ happens because you are here!
So to celebrate let’s eat some chips & dip! You can’t have a party without those can you?!
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp hot sauce (more if you like)
- 1 bunch of cilantro (leaves and stems)
- 4-5 ripe avocados, peeled and pits removed
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- Put the garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt and hot sauce into your food processor, and puree.
- Add a handfull of the cilantro. Puree.
- Add the avocados and the rest of the cilantro (see Notes). Pulse the food processor just enough to combine everything, but leave the guacamole smooth, yet chunky. You want the guacamole to be somewhat chunky.
- Once the guacamole is the consistency you like, stir in the red pepper, but do use the food processor – just stir it in with a spoon. You want the red pepper to stay in chunks.
- Scoop the guacamole into a serving dish and enjoy with some tacos!
- If you like a lot of cilantro, you can use a whole bunch. Or if you prefer less, just use half or less.
- You can make this guacamole hours before serving. Just add an avocado pit to the dip and put it in the fridge until you are ready to eat it. Just remember to remove the pit before serving!
Recipe adapted from Chef Michael Smith – Fast Flavours
Grab some chips!
Happy Birthday to my little blog! I look forward to a fun, delicious and crafty filled year ahead!
Have a delicious day!