You name it. I’ll eat it.
And a cookie that’s basically all coconut?
With chocolate too?
These are a family favourite.
They are delicate, chewy, coconut-y and chocolatey
all at the same time! Yes please.
(Or are they cookies? I’m not sure whether a coconut macaroon is really a cookie or a candy?) Either way, they’re delish!
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 – 14 oz package sweetened flaked coconut
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whip together egg whites, sugar and salt until frothy.
- Then stir in the coconut with a fork.
- Add chocolate chips, and combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a generous amount of cooking oil spray. They will stick!
- Drop the mixture onto the sheet by heaping tablespoons, about 1½ inches apart. They don’t spread out.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until they start to brown.
- Let cool, then enjoy!
This post is originally from my gig over at ‘Or so she says’ where I post recipes as one of the Food Contributors!