Can you believe that Easter is only a few weeks away? Where did the time go?
My brain is still stuck in February, but that’s likely to do with the fact that we are buried in snow and grey skies! It’s hard to picture pretty greenery, flowers, fluffy chicks and sandals when you still need winter boots and down coats!
But holidays come, no matter the weather, so it’s time for me to embrace Easter! I actually really really love Easter…everything about it! I love the excuse for me to make everything colourful and pretty inside, and I love the excuse to make delicious treats, and share them with you!
So I did. I made you a treat.
Easter Egg Bark. Yum.
This would make for a perfect Easter dessert or hostess gift!
It’s so pretty and chocolatey & chewy!
And did I mentions simple? I’m talking super simple.
But just because it’s easy doesn’t mean that it’s not great!
Now, you are two ingredients away from a great treat…chocolate and jellybeans!
(and because I’m just a teensy bit biased, I always use chocolate and candy from Olivier’s Candy…yeeeeum)
- 2 cups of white chocolate chunks
- 1 cup Easter egg jelly beans
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To melt the chocolate chunks, use a double boiler, or a saucepan and a metal or glass bowl. I like to use the saucepan/metal bowl option: all you have to do is put about an inch of water in the saucepan, get it boiling, then put the bowl over the opening of the saucepan. Put the chocolate into the empty bowl, and stir it until melted.
- Spread the melted chocolate out on to the parchment paper, about ¼ inch thick.
- Let the chocolate cool for a few minutes, then sprinkle on your jelly beans.
- Allow the chocolate to cool completely, before breaking it into pieces.
So easy and so delicious.
Sharing at Nifty Thrifty Things, Creatively Living, Alderberry Hill, Craft-O-Maniac, Under the Table and Dreaming, Design Dining & Diapers, Lolly Jane, Chef-in-Training, Live Laugh Rowe, My Romantic Home, Whipperberry, Tatertots & Jello, Spring Thing Link Party