It’s winter big time right now where I live! We are under a heavy snowfall warning, and could get up to 25cm of snow in total! Not to mention that tonight we could see -20 degrees C temperatures. It’s so wintery and beautiful! No really, it is! I love this weather around the holiday season (but ask me how I feel about it come March…now that’s a different story).
Anyway, it’s the perfect kind of weather for making cookies! Cozy, warm, gooey cookies!
These cookies are so great! They’re soft and flavourful, and they make a perfect nut-free snack for the kids lunch boxes! I also love this recipe because it makes a huge batch! Lots for eating, lots for freezing!
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup butterscotch chips
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup coconut (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs, mixing in one at a time. Then add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mix and combine.
- Stir in the butterscotch and white chocolate chips.
- Drop by the tablespoon on to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
But no matter what the weather is like where you are, it’s always a perfect time for baking cookies!
Have a delicious day!