So now the countdown to Christmas is really on…only a few more days to get ready! Are you ready?
I’m getting there…a little more slowly this year…even though it feels crazy hectic around here.
I’m hosting the festivities at our home this Christmas, so I’ve got a few things to do…just a few…
So to get started, today I made this Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Onion Jam that I discovered last year. This is the best. The BEST.
It makes a great appetizer for Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years!
Now what exactly is onion jam? Don’t be scared off of the whole ‘jam’ thing. It’s not really a jam…I’d say it’s more like a chutney. Anyway, I like it best served over a baked Brie wheel. So, so great! It’s definitely worth the effort to make…both jars were devoured last year!
But there are many ways to serve it…here are a couple of ideas:
- Bake it on a Brie wheel, at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes, or until the brie has softened but isn’t runny.
- Serve it with meats, like chicken or pork, as a chutney type topping. I love it served over pork chops.
- Add it to soups or stews as a flavour enhancer.
- Serve it like a chutney on crackers with goat cheese.
- The possibilities are endless!
Yum yum in my tum-tum.
Adapted from Big Fat Baker
So if you are looking for that appetizer (or hostess gift) that’s just a little different and sure to be a big hit, try this…it’s simple to make and so good!
Have a delicious day!