This week is spring break here, and the weather has not been very nice.
We’ve had winter storm warnings and wind warnings.
And head colds.
Which then leads to crazy kids with cabin fever,
and a mom on the verge of running off screaming into the night.
It’s crazy here y’all. ;)
For me, this is the perfect storm for baking. Baking is my stress release.
So I made this.
This bread is da’ bomb!
It’s so peanut-buttery and rich and moist and scrumptious!
And it lasted all of one day in our house!
The kids and the hubby loved it with raspberry jam, and I loved it just plain!
You should make some. No, really you should. Like right now.
You will thank me. And your house will smell divine!
Peanut Butter Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the butter and sugars.
- Then mix the peanut butter, egg and vanilla into the butter/sugar. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mix, and combine. The mixture will be dry, but don’t worry…
- Pour in the milk slowly, and combine.
- Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan (see tips).
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from Tate’s Bake Shop
- I like to line my loaf pans with wax paper so the loaves come out easily.
- This bread is great served with jam!
On a side note, I always feel guilty cooking and baking with peanut butter!
One of my best friends is very allergic to nuts…sorry Lori!
Maybe it would be tasty with pea butter substituted?
Someone should really try it and let me know if it’s any good…
I hate to leave out anyone who can’t eat nuts…it makes me feel bad. ;)
Have a scrumptious day!