A few years ago an old friend made this for one of our morning coffee dates, when all our babes were teeny. I loved it then, and now it’s a family favourite….
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 3 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Then add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- To the butter mix, add 1/3 flour, then 1/2 milk. Repeat until all combined.
- Butter and flour a Bundt pan.
- In another bowl, combine apples, cinnamon and brown sugar. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Put clumps of the cake batter around the bottom of the pan, followed with the apple mixture, and repeat until finished.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then turn the cake out onto a plate, and sprinkle with sugar. I used my
Vanilla Bean Sugar