Ooooh, it’s Secret Recipe Club time again!
This month I was assigned Melanie’s food blog called Fabulously Fun Food.
Her blog is full of great recipes!
But this month, because Christmas is just around the corner, I wanted to choose something festive!
I was drawn to this recipe for Croissant French Toast with Strawberry Syrup…
…because right away it made me think of Christmas morning!
This would be a perfect recipe for the big day!
It’s easy, and sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Croissant French Toast
4-6 large croissants
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
- Whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Cut the croissants into halves horizontally. Then dip them into the egg mixture, coating well.
- Cook the croissants on a large non-stick surface until golden brown, making sure to flip half way through (about 2 minutes on each side).
Fresh Strawberry Syrup
1 lb fresh strawberries (1 clamshell)
1/2 – 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Cut the strawberries into quarters, and add them to a saucepan with the sugar (add the sugar to taste).
- Cook on low-medium heat until the mixture is a syrup like consistency, and the strawberries are cooked.
- At this point you can leave the syrup chunky, or puree it. I pureed mine, as we like the consistency better.
Top the croissant french toast with whipped cream, a little powdered sugar and the strawberry syrup! Delish!!
- I didn’t make any adjustments to the recipe for the croissant toast. I did however make the recipe for the strawberry syrup on my own.
- You could use frozen strawberries too, I’m sure. Just unthaw them and continue with the recipe.
- Or use any berry you like! I bet raspberries or blueberries would be amazing!