Hey all! I’m so happy you are here! I have a fun little party favour that I wanted to share with you!
This month I was lucky enough to be able to participate in the Blueprint Social Plaid Street Team! That means I was sent a nifty little box of craft supplies, and it was up to my imagination on how to use them! I’m so excited to share with you this fun little party idea, with the help of Handmade Charlotte stencils and Folk Art Paint!
Let’s get started!
When I received my box of goodies (yay!) I knew right away that I wanted to use them with food twist! And what better way than to pretty up some cupcakes for giving away as party favours! I love the idea of giving away cupcakes at a birthday party as part of the kids goodie bags. And what’s cuter than a cupcake in a little mason jar?!
I gathered up my supplies for my cupcake toppers:
- Handmade Charlotte Stencils
- Folk Art Paints
- Painting sponges
- White cardstock paper for painting on
- Mason jars
- Pretty ribbon
- To make the paint easily accessible, I squirted small amounts of the colours that I was going to use on to a plate.
- Then I laid my stencil out onto the cardstock paper. You can tape it down, but I didn’t.
- I used the party hat stencil, the birthday present stencil and the cupcake stencil.
- Then using the sponge brush, dip it into the paint, dabbing off any excess, and get ready to paint!
- Just dab, dab, dab in the area you want painted!
- Carefully remove the stencil from your paper.
- For touch ups, you can use a small paint brush, or a toothpick for fine lines.
- Let dry completely before the next step.
- Once the paint has dried, it’s time to make the cupcake jar toppers!
- Using the mason jar lid as your guide, cut out the painted picture to fit.
- Put a cupcake into a jar.
- Assemble your lid, and add a pretty ribbon!
- Now you have the cutest little party favour!
This is such a simple and pretty way to send a little gift off with your party guests!
Or if you would like to see other projects made with Folk Art Paint and Handmade Charlotte Stencils, see the gallery below: