Hi friends! I’m so happy to have you here today! Have I got the most delicious recipe for you too! Easy Chicken Chilaquiles…a simple and tasty dinner that I just know you and your family will love. Ours was devoured in silence with no leftovers…I mean, you can’t really go wrong with tortilla chips, salsa and cheese can you?!
Now just to back up a little, I have been a brand ambassador for Old El Paso for the last 3 months, so I’ve been able to try out some fantastic Old El Paso products, and make some delicious meals! For the first part of this campaign, I put together a round up of home made Mexican foods from my blog, and on my second post I shared a Mexican feast with home made recipes for Refried Beans, Salsa Verde and Green Chili & Cilantro Rice.
For this months challenge I was asked to visit a local cantina and order a delicious meal. I know, hard right? ;) Then I had to recreate that meal at home. I have to say, this challenge was the best! On a beautiful Saturday evening, my family and I headed to Salt & Pepper here in Calgary and enjoyed a Mexican dinner! We ordered fancy drinks, yummy appetizers and fresh & delicious meals!
I ordered the Chicken Chilaquiles and loved them, so I decided to try to make this meal at home. And am I ever glad I did, because this is the easiest dinner ever. So simple to put together and a BIG time crowd pleaser!
Easy Chicken Chilaquiles. Cheesy and bursting with flavour!
(side note…sorry this photo is a little blurry…what can I say? we were hangry. momma was being all annoying and taking pictures at dinner time while everyone had to wait and drool)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves, shredded (see notes)
- 1½ cups Old El Paso salsa
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used Jalepeno cheddar)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, combine the salsa and chicken broth then bring to a simmer.
- Add the pre-cooked, shredded chicken and simmer until the chicken is warmed through.
- Add the sour cream to the salsa/chicken mixture and combine.
- In a baking dish (in 2 layers), layer ½ of the tortilla chips, ½ of the chicken mixture, ½ of the cilantro and ½ of the cheese. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve!
Recipe slightly adapted from Savour Fare
Serve with extra salsa, sour cream and a side salad! Enjoy!
Have a delicious day!
Thank you so much to Mom Central Canada and Old El Paso for allowing this post to happen! I enjoyed this campaign so much!
Disclosure: I am participating as a brand ambassador in the Old El Paso Blogger Campaign by Mom Central Canada on behalf of General Mills, and received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion. As always the opinions on this blog are my own. I mean, who doesn’t love a delicious Mexican meal! Ole!