Macaroni & Cheese with Broccoli
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can evaporated milk (370 mL)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (old cheddar has great flavour)
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces
- In a large pot, boil the pasta according to package directions.
- When it is cooked, drain the water. Set aside.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the broccoli until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- In the meantime, melt the butter in a saucepan, and add the garlic. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the flour, and stir to make a paste.
- Then slowly pour in the milk, while whisking, and cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Add the mustard, paprika and salt. Whisk.
- Sprinkle in the cheese, and stir the mixture continuously until it is melted.
- Toss the pasta with the cheese sauce. Add the broccoli and stir in.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by A Pretty Life In The Suburbs at http://www.aprettylifeinthesuburbs.com/2012/11/macaroni-cheese-with-broccoli.html