The holiday season is just around the corner! It’s the time of year so many of us wait for!
Ok, I do agree, it is still a little early, but I’m going to sneak in a few things…just because I want to…why not? So I’m going to start with festive wrapping! (You could use the ideas for Thanksgiving hostess gifts too…just switch up the colours…)
For me, wrapping seems to be the last thing I prepare for, and I’m usually scrambling around last minute wrapping gifts with rolls I find in our basement from Christmases past…oops. And ironically I find gift wrapping one of the most pretty parts of the holiday season. I am drawn to pretty packaging, pretty paper and the detail that goes into wrapping gifts!
I thought this year I’d get my act together and get a jumpstart putting some ideas together! So I’m going to do a series of different types of wrapping. Everything from the simple & beautiful use of kraft paper to the sparkle & shine of glitter. So the first set in this series is the use of kraft paper!
I’ve always loved the rustic simplicity of kraft paper. And I think it looks most beautiful with the traditional holiday colours of red, green, white, silver and gold. So I attacked my existing stash of craft and scrapbook supplies, and got to work! You can have big impact with stuff you already have around your home – we always have more than we think! With that in mind, I didn’t spend a cent on this set of wrapping. I just used what I already had, and this is what I came up with!
Simple. Rustic. Festive. Pretty!
(Starting in the upper left corner…)
1. Wrap on some red ribbon and add a few painted pine cones. Just simple & earthy.
2. Using bakers twine, string on some gold & silver bells, and wrap it up!
3. Red velvet ribbon looks so pretty on neutral paper. Embellish with some winter inspired pieces!
4. I love the bakers twine with the white pom pom ribbon! Add a key label tag…so cute!
5. Silver bells and sequins are so great for the holidays! And perfect for wrapping!
6. Silver glitter ribbon and a red & white ribbon together make a classy, simple statement.
7. This pretty reindeer ribbon just seems to inspire thoughts of Christmas in the mountains!
8. Love the red velvet and glittery green snowflake! Classic Christmas colours!
All of my supplies were from my own stash of craft stuff (most of the ribbon I had bought over the years from Michaels)! I loved the challenge of wrapping these gifts with stuff I had. And I think I succeeded in making the impact I was going for! Now my craft stash is going to shrink this season…making room for more stuff! Love it!
Have a beautiful day!