Now, if you are a Canadian you know what this drink is! (And it’s not a Bloody Mary!)
…and it’s virtually unknown, and not consumed outside our borders!
First a little history! (collected from Wikipedia)
This yum-yummy drink was invented in my city in 1969! As a matter of fact, May 13 is Caesar Day here.
It’s delicious! Now don’t get weirded out by the ingredients!!
- 1 oz Vodka you can leave this out if you want a virgin Caesar
- 2 dashes of Tabasco Sauce
- 3 dashes of salt & pepper
- 4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 4 oz Motts Clamato Juice
Rim a glass with celery salt.
Then combine all ingredients in a fancy glass. Fancy is good.
Garnish with celery.
- Now what is Clamato Juice you ask? It’s a mixture of clam and tomato juices, made by Motts. Weird, I know. But so, so good!
- We like to use celery salt instead of plain salt, both in the drink and on the rim.
Another great drink with Clamato, is Beer & Clam!
Clamato juice with beer is the best! This is my most fave alcoholic drink evah! Just pour a beer in a glass, and add 3-4 oz Clamato! Yeeeuumm!