The countdown to Valentines Day is on! While we don’t go overboard for this day, it is important to us to recognize it! But we keep it simple. I like to put out a few Valentines inspired decorations, because in the dead of winter, bright pretty colours are necessary! And really, who can pass up a little love?
So I promised you an easy, inexpensive, but love-ly Valentines Day project! And best of all, this one uses mason jars…yes, yes…I know…I have a mason jar disorder, it’s just that they can be used for SO many things that I have to love them!
So first this…
I can’t resist these Ryan Gosling pictures that are everywhere,
so I just had to make this…bahahahaha!
Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. I made something.
I was inspired by this clear Valentines tape that I found at the grocery store of all places!
I thought strips of this tape would look so pretty on glass.
- mason jars
- pretty clear patterned tape
- red & pink plastic hearts for glass filler (I found these at Target last year)
- tea lights
How to Make Them:
- I wrapped a strip of the tape around the lip of the mason jar.
- Added the hearts, then the candle, and voila! You have a litte romance!
- As glass filler you could use cinnamon hearts, conversation heart candies or salt.
- If you can’t find tape, wrap your jars with red & white bakers twine or pretty ribbon.
Easy peasy and SO pretty!
All lit up!
Love is in the air!