Happy day friends! I hope you are enjoying your summer!
Now I realize that summer is over half over, but there’s still some left! I’m going to soak it in as long as I possible can because summers around here are like a dream you’re never quite sure is actually here…it just goes by soooo fast. And despite the terrible very bad no good weather we’ve been having, we’re carrying on! If you follow me on Instagram, you have seen that we’re not letting weather stop us, and that we’ve been busy enjoying our summer!
Anyhoooo, we love music in our home…I’ve always got it playing, and on road trips it’s no different! I always have a playlist put together and this summer is no different. Here’s what I’ve been listening to lately.
- My favourite CD of the summer, hands down, is this CD by Kristina Train. SO soulful and gorgeous! My favourite songs on this CD are ‘Dark Black’ and ‘Stick Together’. Love.
- I love the song ‘Roam’ by Wil, and I found it quite by accident…it’s a song on a Travel Alberta ad on TV and the second I heard it I Shazammed it! BTW, Shazam is the best app ever!
- Now, I shamelessly admit that I heard and immediately loved this song from the show Vampire Diaries. It’s called ‘Feel So Close’ by Calvin Harris. Love love it. #teamDamon
- This whole CD by The Civil Wars is awesome. It’s folky and soulful. I’m realizing that I’m a true folk music lovah.
- I love this song ‘Salt in the Wound’ by Delta Spirit. It’s just a really nice, really pretty song.
- And Lindi Ortega. I love her music. She’s so spunky and gritty, and this summer I’m especially loving her song ‘When All the Stars Align’.
- And ‘Blurred Lines’ by Robin Thicke. I know you’ve all heard it, but it really is a great summer song! We may have listened to this song over a 100 times? #werecrazylikethat
- You may know of my love of the Great Lake Swimmers! Honestly, they are in my top 3 favourite bands of all time. So this summer when we got the chance to see and meet them at the Canmore Folk Festival, it was kind of like a dream come true. I’m loving their song ‘Cornflower Blue’ right now. Oh, and they have an amazing cover of the Grapes of Wrath Song ‘What Was Going Through My Head’.
- This song ‘Bye Bye Love’ by Madeleine Peyroux is so nice. A definite sing-along-at-the-top-of-your-lungs-when-you-are-alone kind of song!
- ‘In Front of You’ by the Quiet Kind. Love this song. You just have to hear it and you’ll love it.
- I first heard the Good Lovelies at the Calgary Folk Music Festival a few years ago, and liked them as soon as I heard them. They’re twangy (is that a word), fun and really great singers. We’re listening to their song ‘Baby, I Got My Way’ this summer!
- ‘Funeral’ by Arcade Fire. We listened to this song on a recent trip to Arizona…it’s another great sing along song.
- – - – - – - - - – - – - – - -
So that’s a peak into my summer music love! What are you listening to?
Sharing with Inspiration Gallery