I’m really enjoying taking photos with my iPhone again.
Something about the winter has me inspired! Love that!
So I thought it would be fun to share with you, a peek into last weekend when my family and I visited Banff, Alberta. If you haven’t been, you really should try to visit!
Banff is truly a spectacular place. Our mountains are breathtaking! And Banff is also home to one of the most beautiful hotels in the world – the Banff Springs Hotel. I’ve been luck enough to stay there, but it’s not somewhere you can stay often…it’s very expensive. BUT, you can visit anytime you like, and we have started to visit it more often. You can walk around in the hotel for hours and see new things…it’s so spectacular!
Last weekend we toured around the hotel again, so here are some of my shots! (You might have seen some of these on Instagram already!)
It’s the most magical place…
- A quick shot of our mountains as we drive into Banff! It was a grey, snowy day but still so beautiful!
- Welcome to Banff!
- Love this shot of a Canadian Pacific Railway train as it passed by! So Canadian!
- And here is the Banff Springs Hotel…how majestic!
- This is a shot of one of the views from inside the hotel. Beyond beautiful.
- In one of the galleries in the hotel there was this picture of Marilyn Monroe! Apparently she golfed at the Banff Springs in 1954!
- The day we were there, the Christmas decorations were coming down, but there was one hallway still lit up so festively. It was magical!
- A shot of one of the many beautiful light fixtures around the hotel.
- This is one of the grand meeting rooms in the hotel, looking down into it.
- A pretty wrought iron gate leading into one of the ballrooms
- Everywhere you look there is something to see. This sculpture was tucked up into one of the ceiling corners.
- Another gorgeous light! The hotel has some of the most grand chandeliers! This one is about as big as my bedroom!
- Then we ended our day with a trip to the Banff Hot Springs. Outdoor mountain fed hot pools! Ah-mazing.
- A shot of the Hot Springs entrance.
- See, we really are under the mountains! It was about -10 degrees C, and it was lightly snowing. What a day! Fabulous!
I hope you enjoyed this teeny little tour of one of my most favourite places on Earth!