So do you love New Years Eve or hate it?
I’ve always been a take it or leave it kind of gal with this holiday!
When we started having kids, staying in really was our only option, so we always had a quiet and early New Years!
We’d order in food and watch a movie!
Often we didn’t even see the countdown, and that was just fine with me!
But there’s just something about getting together with friends that’s so fun too!
So this year we are getting together with friends, and it’s going to be a good time!
Good food, good drinks and good friends! Yay!
Good food…now what to make?!
How about Smoked Salmon Pizza? This is a really great appetizer or snack!
I was inspired to make this recipe after I had it at my friend Lori’s!
It’s so yummy, looks so fancy, but is really easy to make!
Adapted from Lori and Canadian Living
- 1 12 inch pizza crust base, pre-baked
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 tbsp capers
- 8 pieces of smoked salmon
- fresh dill
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add dill and mix.
- Spread the cream cheese mix over the pizza base, leaving about a 1/2 inch along the edge of the crust.
- Lay on the smoked salmon pieces, spreading it out so you are making 8 pizza slices.
- Sprinkle on the red onion and capers.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 8-10 minutes. The crust should slightly puff up and be slightly browned. Watch carefully so that it doesn't burn!
- Remove it from the oven, sprinkle on some fresh dill, slice into 8 pieces and serve!
You can add a touch of Dijon Mustard to the cream cheese mix - it's fantastic!
I doubled this recipe and made 2 pizzas. This served 8 people comfortably.