On May Long Weekend we went to stay at my parent’s house on the lake.
We were hoping for a warm and fun weekend, and we were not disappointed!
For the first time in recent memory, we did not have a snowfall on May Long! Whew!
Instead, we were treated to spectacular warm weather and fabulous food! What a great time!
My mom, as usual, fed us well! The highlight for me, was this Maple Vinaigrette Salad.
So so good. A flavour explosion in my mouth! Really.
Summer Salads: Marvelous Maple!
Maple Vinaigrette: (a recipe from my Mom)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup the real stuff!
- 1 tbsp water add more if you feel it needs it
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- pieces Romaine Green Leaf, or Butter Lettuce, torn into bite-sized
- 1 or 2 Mangoes cut up into bite-sized chunks
- Feta Cheese crumbled
- 1/4 - 1/2 Red Onion sliced thin
- 1 cup Pecans
Blend together the vinegar, oil, sugar, syrup, water, mustard and salt.
Toss with lettuce, mango, onion, cheese and pecans.
– – – – – – –
If you would like more salad recipe ideas, you can find some here!