Today is the reveal day for Group C of the Secret Recipe Club, and there were 2 orphaned bloggers!
So when I was asked if I could make something from one of the blogs, I happily agreed!
I took one look at Kimberly’s blog, Rhubarb & Honey, and I knew I would find something really delish!
We’re having Roasted Broccoli & Cheese Soup, with Kimberly’s Sweet Potato Biscuits!
Yum. Um double yum!
Sweet Potato Biscuits
Makes 8 biscuits
1 3/4 cup flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
6 tbsp chilled butter, cut into pieces
3/4 cup sweet potato puree
1/3 cup buttermilk
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut in the chilled butter, until it looks like coarse meal, with some pea sized butter pieces remaining.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sweet potato puree and buttermilk.
- Then add the sweet potato/buttermilk mixture to the flour.
- Stir with a fork, but don’t over mix.
- Then turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and knead into a ball. It is supposed to be lumpy – that’s what makes them so buttery and crumbly!
- Then flatten the ball into a disc shape, about 1 inch thick. The disc should be big enough to get 8 biscuits cut out of it.
- Using a biscuit cutter or some other circle shape (like a cup), cut out 8 biscuits. Make sure to use all the dough.
- In a preheated 425 degree oven, bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating the pan half way through baking.
- I bet you could use pumpkin or butternut squash puree with this recipe! The perfect fall treat!