After I had my third babe, a neighbour friend of ours, stopped by with this dish for our new family.
Between recovering from a C-section, and shuffling 2 older kids back and forth to school,
I can’t tell you how much this meal meant to us!
I can honestly say that families with new babies (or any life changing event) really really love and need food. Especially meals…I hope to carry this on for those around our family that need us.
This is a fabulous recipe! It’s now a family fave!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into big bite sized chunks
- olive oil
- 1 good sized head of fresh broccoli, or you can use a bunch of asparagus
- 1 - 10 oz can of Cream of Chicken soup (I have tried other kinds, but this is the best to use)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp curry
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Cook your veggie of choice, but be careful not to overcook them. You want them to be crunchy, so just barely blanch them. Drain. Transfer to a baking dish.
- In the mean time, heat up your olive oil in a fry pan, then put in your chicken, pepper it up and cook until the meat is almost completely cooked (Until it looks opaque - this is to ensure that it doesn't get overcooked while it's in the oven). Drain. Layer chicken on top of your veggie in the baking dish.
- Combine soup, mayonnaise, curry and lemon juice.
- Pour soup mix over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice.