Oh pancakes, how much do I love and need thee in my life?
Ok, maybe a little dramatic. But really, I do need them.
Especially soft, fluffy, flavour explosions like these.
You won’t even miss the wheat.
What about you?
Do you need another pancake recipe in your life? Why yes, yes you do.
These are different from the usual. But a good different. They’re full of healthy goodness.
And you’ll love them. Every last sweet scrumptious bite of ‘em!
- 1¼ cup oat flour (see notes)
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Combine the oat and rice flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and oil.
- Add the egg/milk mixture to the flour mix. Stir until just combined.
- Fold in quinoa.
- Cook on a medium-high heat griddle, about 2-3 minutes each side, or until you see the bubbles popping.
* Leftover quinoa is perfect for this recipe. If you are making quinoa for dinner the night before, just make a little extra, and it will be ready for you to use in the morning!
* You can make your own oat flour (I do). Using a food processor, just grind down old fashioned rolled oats until they are a course flour like consistency.
* These pancakes can be completely gluten free if you use gluten free oats.
Pour on some maple syrup, and you are in breakfast heaven. Amen.
Oh, and on a completely way off tangent…I have to mention that I’m going to see Oprah speak tonight! I can barely contain myself honestly. This will be a bucket list check off fo’ sho’! Great start to 2013 already! Yay!