I had a hankering for a snack. But what else is new?
I didn’t want to eat potato chips (they make me feel gross after), but I wanted something crunchy and sweet.
Oh and cinnamon-y. And did I mention sweet?
Oh, and healthy too? Is that even possible…well kind of?
I stared at the pitas on my counter wondering hmmmm… what can I do with these…?
Chips. Turn them into chips.
It doesn’t have to be complicated to be yummy!
- whole wheat pitas
- vegetable or canola oil
- Cut the pitas in half (like in the picture above), and very carefully separate the two sides from each other.
- Brush one side of each pita piece with the oil.
- Generously sprinkle on the cinnamon and sugar.
- Cut the pitas in half again, then into small chip sized pieces.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 6-8 minutes. Make sure to watch them very carefully. They basically go from not being done to burnt in 2 seconds flat!
- These are great on their own (perfect for the kids lunch kits!).
- Or serve them with a fruit salsa or yogourt dip.
Tidy Mom, Whipperberry, Tatertots & Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, Craft-O-Maniac, Lady Behind the Curtain, Nifty Thrifty Things