15 easy recipes to make your next camping trip the most delicious yet!
– – – – – –
It’s camping season and I’m super excited about it! Do you camp? Or maybe you glamp? We do a little of both…a little bit of roughing it and a little bit of glamping it! Especially in the food department, we certainly don’t go hungry. In fact we eat really well…once we even roasted a bone-in ham…a full ham! I’m still amazed that we did that, but it was so worth it because we had ham for dinner then ham with eggs at breakfast, then ham sandwiches! Genius really. 😉
Anyway, to make your camping life a little easier I rounded up some delicious dishes that we eat on our trips. Many of them are simple to make right on site, others require a little prep at home but are pretty much ready when you get to where you’re going. The key is, if you can get your food prepped ahead of time, you have more time to spend doing what you love to do while enjoying the great outdoors!
And for an added treat, I’ve teamed up with 8 other great blogs to bring you more fun glamping ideas! So here we go…let’s go glamping!
– – – – – – – – – –
- Camping Breakfast Sandwiches: These breakfast sandwiches are delicious enjoyed in the great outdoors! Just simple ingredients for a hearty start to your day!
– – –
- Best Ever Buttermilk Pancakes: There’s nothing quite like pancakes cooked over the campfire! This tried and true buttermilk pancake recipe is perfect for camping. Mix up a batch of the dry ingredients before you head out camping, then just add eggs and milk when you’re ready to make them. Eating pancakes in the great outdoors is one of life’s greatest pleasures.
– – –
- Brown Sugar Baked Granola & Trail Mix: Make up a batch of trail mix before you head out camping. This mix is perfect for snacking – you can pack it up in individual containers/ziplock bags and take them with you when you hit the trail! Or you can enjoy it for breakfast as well!
– – –
- Sausage Breakfast Skillet: A hearty & delicious breakfast that can be easily tailored to your tastebuds! We like ours with breakfast sausages, onions, leftover potatoes and peppers.
– – –
- Campfire Chili: I like to make this chili ahead of time and bring it along on our camping trips all ready to go. Just heat over the campfire and serve! This is so appreciated after a long day outdoors, especially on cold camping days – it fills and warms you up!
– – –
- Campfire Nachos: These are always a big hit on our camping trips! Just pre-cook the beef at home, then assemble the nachos in a tin pan, cover and heat over the campfire & serve. Make sure to pack along salsa!
– – –
- Campfire Baked Ham: Yes! You can bake a ham over the fire! And the leftovers are great for breakfast and ham sandwiches for lunch.
- Veggie & Sausage Shish Kabobs: These can be assembled at home (uncooked) and transported in a disposable container. Just cook them directly on the grill or on a piece of tin foil. This is my favourite camping meal of all!
- Campfire Sausage, Zucchini & Pepper Skillet: A hearty & delicious campfire meal! Skillets are great because you can tailor them to your tastebuds, not to mention the fact that cooking a dinner in one pan is the best!
- Chicken Cape Kabobs: These can be assembled at home (uncooked) and transported in a disposable container. Just cook them directly on the grill or on a piece of tin foil. These are a little more fancy…definitely glamping food!
- Campfire Roasted Bacon Wrapped Corn on the Cob: Need I say more? The only thing we’d do different with these next time is to wrap them in more bacon.
- Orange Ginger Chicken: This one-pan recipe is so simple to assemble and cook over the fire! And it will almost leave you feeling like you’re fine dining, but in the woods, with dirty hair and clothes.
- Campfire Roasted Potatoes: Campfire potatoes are the best! They just get all crunchy and delicious cooked over the fire. We always make a big batch so we can use the leftovers for hash browns in the morning. Yum.
- Chopped Mexican Corn & Bean Salad: I’m not sure if this is a salad or a dip? At any rate, it’s perfect for lunch (or a snack) served with nachos. SO good!
- S’mores: You can’t go camping without s’mores! It would be a crime. One way to have the making of s’mores be easier is to take all of the ingredients ready to go: remove all the wrappers and put all the s’more supplies in one easy to access container!
– – – – – – – – – –
Now let’s see what my friends have been up to! Get inspired for your next “glamping trip” with these amazing projects!
From left to right, they are:
“Life is Better Around the Campfire” Bumper Sticker by Fynes Designs
Camping Party Invitations by Northstory
15 Easy and Delicious Camping Recipes by Me
Skillet S’more Brownies by Satori Design for Living
Paper Bag Luminaries by Suburble
How to set up a “Glamping Kitchen” by Echoes of Laughter
DIY Painted Walking Sticks by The DIY Dreamer
Fire Starter Kit in a Jar by Craftberry Bush
Printable Camping Checklist for Kids by Clean and Scentsible
Need more summer inspiration? Check out my Summer Love Pinterest board!