Make this Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal the night before, and pop it in the oven first thing in the morning! You’ll have a hearty, healthy and delicious breakfast!
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- cloves pinch of ground
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup homemade apple sauce (it can be chunky)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Whisk together eggs, oil, milk and vanilla. Then stir in apple sauce.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oats, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Combine egg mixture and oat mixture.
- Add raisins.
- Pour into an 8×8 baking dish. Then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, give the oatmeal a little stir. I found if you don’t do this, the egg mix tends to settle into the bottom. So give it a little stir.
- Then put the dish into a cold oven, and bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
– If you aren’t a fan of strong spice like allspice or cloves, you can omit them and just add more cinnamon instead (this is how I like it!). Or if you love spices, you can even add in some nutmeg.
– You can cut the oatmeal into squares to serve, or just scoop it out as you wish!