Make this Baked Canadian Camembert with Rhubarb Compote as a quick and super delicious appetizer!
- 1 wheel of Canadian Camembert (, Comfort Cream)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Cointreau (or orange juice)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over low to medium heat, add the chopped fresh rhubarb and sugar.
- Cook until the rhubarb mixture is the texture of a soft jam, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the cointreau and cook for about 1 more minute.
- Remove from the heat, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the Camembert cheese in a brie baker.
- Add a generous amount of the rhubarb compote to the top of the cheese wheel.
- Cover and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is as soft as you would like it.
- Serve warm with crackers or chunks of fresh baguette.
This recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups of rhubarb compote. You will have a lot left over, but you can enjoy it on toast or vanilla ice cream!